Filip has been working at the School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore since 2017.
He is the founder and the principal investigator of the NUS Urban Analytics Lab.
In 2020 he was appointed as NUS Presidential Young Professor.
His background is in Geomatic engineering.
Filip holds a PhD degree (top 5%) in 3D GIS from the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, where he also did an MSc in Geomatics.
The list of his publications is available here.
- Open Geospatial Consortium, 3DIM DWG – Co-Chair
- PLOS ONE – Academic Editor for Geoinformatics
- Open Geospatial Data, Standards and Software – Editorial Board Member
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, WG IV/10: Advanced Geospatial Applications for Smart Cities and Regions – Board Member
- International Journal of Digital Innovation in the Built Environment – Editorial Board Member
- World Economic Forum, Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization – Fellow (2018-2020)
Awards and honours (selected)
- Presidential Young Professorship (NUS), 2020
- buildingSMART International Special Distinction Winner for Innovation, 2019
- EuroSDR (association of European national mapping and cadastral agencies, and universities) award for the best PhD thesis related to GIS in Europe, 2017
- PhD degree conferred with highest honours (given at Dutch universities for top 5% best theses), 2017
- 3D GeoInfo best paper award, 2017
- Austrian Academy of Sciences – Young Researcher Award in GIScience, 2016