Special issue in Transactions in GIS on 3D city modelling and BIM
As part of the 3D GeoInfo 2019 conference, and the 2th BIM/GIS Integration Workshop, we are organising a special issue in Transactions in GIS.
Please find the call for papers below. It is important to note that this special issue is open to everyone regardless of conference or workshop participation, and projects and topics not presented at the event are welcome as well.
Transactions in GIS is a highly ranked journal in its subject area, and there are no publication fees involved (unless you opt for open access).
Call for Papers
Transactions in GIS
Special Issue: Emerging topics in 3D GIS
This special issue focuses on the latest developments and applications in advanced 3D data and technologies. It is primarily aimed at participants of the 3D GeoInfo 2019 Conference and the 2th BIM/GIS Integration Workshop as an opportunity to extend their research papers published at the conference and workshop. However, the special issue is also open to everyone in the 3D city modelling and BIM community, as the participation and publication at conference & workshop are not a requirement.
We welcome high-quality contributions proposing solutions and approaches in the domain of the following topics:
- 3D geoinformation requirements
- 3D data acquisition and processing
- 3D city modelling and its standards
- 4D/5D modelling, GeoBIM
- 3D geometry, topology and semantics
- Visualisation and dissemination of 3D data
- 3D GIS, spatial analysis and its applications (cadastre, utilities, infrastructure, navigation, planning, geology, disaster and risk management, archaeology, marine systems, and simulations)
- Big data and GIS-based urban analytics
- Legal and institutional considerations
- Integrated collaborative environments
- Standards in BIM and GIS
- Level of detail and level of development
- Interoperability and geo-referencing
- Integration for Decision Science and Risks
- Automatic change analysis between BIM and GIS models
- 3D visualisation
- Virtual design and construction
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Algorithms to generate BIM/GIS models from point cloud data
- BIM and GIS integration with 3D point clouds
The manuscripts will be subject to the regular Transactions in GIS peer review process.
The submission deadline is
1 March 2020 15 March 2020.
Please prepare the papers according to the journal’s author guidelines.
The manuscript has to be submitted through the usual channel of the journal, and during the submission please indicate that the submission is for a special issue: in step 6 toggle the corresponding option and write the title of the SI:
Emerging topics in 3D GIS.
|First round notification||1 June 2020|
|Revision due||1 July 2020|
|Final notification||1 September 2020|
|Final manuscript due||15 September 2020|
|Tentative online publication||1 December 2020|
|Expected publication of the special issue||Early 2021|
- Filip Biljecki, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Rudi Stouffs, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Mohsen Kalantari, University of Melbourne, Australia