Visits to Indonesian universities
Strengthening our network in ASEAN with visits to Bandung and Yogyakarta.
The PI of the Lab, Filip Biljecki, represented the research group during two recent visits to Indonesia where he gave lectures and participated in a variety of activities to further our network in Indonesia and Southeast Asia:
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
These institutions are premier Indonesian universities in our domain.
UGM, situated in Yogyakarta, is home to the Department of Geodetic Engineering, and the visit was arranged by Prof Trias Aditya, head of the department. This visit coincided with the South East Asia Workshop on Geodetic Data Sciences, Geoinformatics and Land Administration 2023, which was supported by FIG, TUM Global Incentive Fund and UGM, and co-organised by Prof Walter Timo de Vries from TU Munich.
During the visit to ITB, Filip was hosted by Adiwan Aritenang, programme director and his team at the School of Architecture, Planning, and Policy Development.
Both visits included guest lectures and discussions on collaboration, including education activities.
The hospitality is very much appreciated, and we look forward to collaboration.
- Visit to Korea
- All of our recent visiting scholars have been awarded prestigious scholarships
- New paper: Free and open source urbanism: Software for urban planning practice
- Introducing the Global Building Morphology Indicators
- New paper: Exploration of open data in Southeast Asia to generate 3D building models